We are a not for profit organisation operated by volunteers.
The Winsome and Lismore Soup kitchen Inc. comprise volunteers some of whom have been associated with the Lismore Soup Kitchen for twenty years.
People from all walks of life, cultures, and careers come to serve the marginalised and homeless people of the Lismore area by giving of their time, resources, and commitment as a volunteer with the Lismore Soup Kitchen.
Those people who serve continuously over a period of twelve months may apply to full membership of the Lismore Soup Kitchen with rights to vote at general meetings. These members vote annually to elect an Executive Committee which oversees the management of the corporate vision and implements the Lismore Soup Kitchen mission on behalf of the members.The executive commitee appoints the Winsome Centre Manager and the management team..
- To have a facility in the community that provides care for the community by the community
- To move people from disadvantage (of various kinds) to something better that is sustainable and stable.
- To provide prepared meals daily including breakfasts and lunches. Other items when available such as takeaway meals, donated fruit and bread are made available to people who for various reasons are struggling to cope financially.
- To provide a place where people who have problems interacting socially may come and find opportunity for friendship and social interaction.
- To provide male and female medium-term accommodation at Mazzer House in South Lismore and for marginalised men only at the Winsome.
- To help refer people with various physical (food and accommodation) and social (medical, counselling and welfare) needs to other organisations who are more suited to help in these situations.